Posts tagged indian
Posts tagged indian
Onion Bhaji is a spicy Indian snack-a ball of fried onions. It is usually used as a side dish for various Indian meals. It is now one of the most popular Indian Snack dish. There are many ways to make Onion Bhajis (also referred to as Bhajji, Bhajjiya and Pakora).
At a glance
Cooking Method: Frying
Course / Dish: Appetizer, Snack
Main Ingredient: Potato, Onion
• Put the flour, salt and spices into a bowl.
• Add enough cold water, mix well to make a thick paste.
• Add Onion strips to the mixture - mix them well.
• Optional - Add finely chopped green chillies or mint leaves or coriander for extra flavour. Mix well.
• Heat oil until a small piece of bread can turn brown quickly.
• Drop egg-sized balls of the mixture into the hot oil.
• Allow balls to cook until golden brown. 8-10 mins.
• Remove with a Slotted spoon so that oil can be drained.
Curry with fried fish fillet and apples
Kaldereta is originally a goat stew made with tomato sauce, potatoes, spices, liver spread, olives, bell peppers and hot peppers, originally adapted from the Spanish during their 300 year occupation of the Philippines.
I modified the original recipe because I felt it needed more sauce to coat the cauliflower. And it needed a sweet potato.
Cauliflower - 1 large
Potatoes - 3 large
2 finely chopped (I used 5)
3 (I used a whole can of diced tomatoes, that’s about 6 tomatos)
Ginger (paste) -
Garlic - 4 pieces (paste) (omitted because I didn’t see it on the list)
Cooking Oil –
Coriander leaves - 1 bunch (chopped)
Cumin seeds –
Salt - 1tbsp.
Garam masala –
Coriander Powder -
Chili powder -
+ Sweet potato - 1 large
Step 1 – Potato and Cauliflower preparation:
Peel the skin of potato, cut into medium sized cubes. Now, cut Cauliflower into big size florets. Peels and cube sweet potato.
Step 2 – Tempering and Frying: Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan, add finely chopped onions and cumin seeds. Now add ginger garlic paste to the mixture. Fry until onions become golden and translucent. Add finely chopped tomato to the mixture and fry well until everything turns in to
creamy sauce. Now add garam masala, corriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
Gluten Free Vegan Churros. Recipe here.